A Good Painting

A good painting to me has always been like a friend. It keeps me company, comforts and inspires.
Hedy Lamarr

Art is a status symbol in modern society and because of that it can be quite misunderstood to the casual viewer. Many people only see art  as a way to fill blank walls(therefore color is very important). Art can be a great source of pleasure in our lives, A good painting should evoke a thought, a memory or idea to the viewer therefore  it can enrich and deepen our understanding of the world around us.You may not be able to explain why, but, somehow, you know that it is good piece of art because It makes you feel good.This is the main reason I buy art it makes me feel good. …..Whenever I visit someone's home, the first thing I notice is whether or not they have original artwork displayed. Sadly, in most cases, they do not. It's a shame...


 I bought this piece of art at a yard sale while out looking for something else which I did not find.
It is a calm setting of a farmhouse that could be located anywhere.The artist is not famous but he is to me.
I grew up on a farm .The nearest neighbor was about a mile away.It was very quiet and the air was fresh and clean.We had few toys so we used out imagination and the great outdoors.It was great!!!!Most of the time I did not want to come in until I was called at dark.There were games like kick the can,hopscotch,tag..etc.It is funny how you take these things for granted  until you no longer have them.

I now live in the city where there is lots of noise,dirt,smog and I can reach out and touch my neighbor.I rarely go outside except to go to my car..partially because I am scared to death of some of my neighbors..mostly their children..some are criminals who would not hesitate to knock me in head and rob me.Outside exercise is out of the question.Your best bet is to go to a gym..at least you are in a controlled environment.When I was young the city life  appealed to me very much mostly because that is where my friends were but as I got older not so much any more.I guess I have gotten tired of it.I long for the country again.I miss the peace and quiet and fresh air.

This painting reminds me of this quiet place and it inspires me to find a way to get back there because I now realize that is where I belong…I take frequent trips on the weekend to my family home in rural America and most times I just walk and smell the flowers..even the weeds smell good....It's funny how Things have a way of coming full circle…Who Knew?

0 Comments: